Tuesday 5 March 2013

Fun With Colours

We have been having a lot of fun with colours in KR.
Last week we talked about why yellow was a good colour for raincoats.
We cut out this yellow raincoat and pasted it onto newspaper which made the yellow stand out against the grey.

I am still getting the hang of my new iphone so my photos are not that good yet but practice makes perfect... I hope!



We also read the story Clifford the Big Red Dog and made Clifford. 
Here we are busy cutting him out. 



I will take some photos of our display tomorrow. 

I know valentines day was several weeks ago but here is our 'Hearty' display. 

The children got to make their heart with their favourite colour.



We did a little writing activity and the children wrote who their heart was for. 
You will have to ask them who they chose!??

Today we had a lot of fun making a graph to see which colour we would spin the most. We had a spinner board with all the colours on it. The children spun the spinner and then coloured the box for the colour spun. We ran out of time so they are not finished yet. I will post the finished graphs tomorrow.

I was so impressed at how well the children did the activity today. It is hard to believe they have only been at school for 5 weeks. 

Here we are doing our graphs.


Don't forget you are welcome to pop your head into our room at any time. 
I know the children would love to show you what we have been up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment